Upcoming@Jacobs - January 19th 2023

Amy Dinh

Jan 19, 2023, 7:34:17 PM1/19/23
to Community

Dear Jacobs Community,

Welcome back to campus! Enjoy the first Upcoming@Jacobs newsletter of the year, which includes information about spring makerspace access, tomorrow's event to learn more about getting involved with student design groups, and a recap of December's graduation of our second Master of Design cohort.

Best,

Amy

SPRING MAKER PASS AND JPS REGISTRATION OPEN
It's time to register for your makerspace access! Go here to register for a Maker Pass and here to register for JPS. We provide financial aid and subsidies for these services to students with financial need. Remember that your previous bCourses trainings all carry over.

Access to the Maker Pass system, JPS, and 3DPOS began on January 17. However, with as with every semester, it takes us time to get our Student Supervisor schedules set, so for the first couple of weeks, our hours are limited to 8:30 AM-7 PM weekdays, and we will not have weekend hours until February 4th. More clearly, our hours of operation for the first 2 weeks will be as follows:
  • Jan 17th-27th- Maker spaces open 8:30 AM- 7PM
  • Jan 30th- 8:30 AM-10 PM hours begin
  • Feb 4th- weekend hours start, Saturday noon-5 PM, Sunday noon-5 PM

***TOMORROW** Design [Fair] at Berkeley
January 20th, 2pm to 6pm Jacobs Hall Room 310
The Spring 2023 Design Fair is here! 🎉

Interested in exploring design at Berkeley this spring? Come join us for this semester's Design Fair, hosted by Design at Berkeley, where you will have the opportunity to meet design-related clubs, decals, and organizations to learn what they do and how to get involved!

D@B's Instagram

Congratulations to our latest MDes graduates!
Last month we celebrated the graduation of the second-ever class of the Berkeley Master of Design (MDes). Check out some of the photos from the FA22 cohort's commencement ceremony here on the MDes Instagram page.

We also invite you to check out Internodes, the book! The graduating cohort’s exhibition of their thesis work is wonderfully represented in a beautiful catalog; you can review the PDF or order your own hardcopy.

--
Amy Dinh  A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in email signature
pronouns: she/her/hers

Check out the many ways you can explore design in the Jacobs community here
Learn about the Berkeley Master of Design here
Learn more about our efforts to increase equity & inclusion here

Contact me!
  • I am available via emailscheduled appointment, or drop-in advising
  • Currently, I have a flex work schedule. My bCal shows the days I am working from home; if the day is unmarked, it means I am working on campus at 103 Jacobs Hall.
COVID-19 updates and resources for Berkeley students can be found here