Upcoming @ Jacobs

Lauren Ardis

Apr 8, 2022, 12:29:29 PM4/8/22
to jacobs_c...@lists.berkeley.edu, mdes...@lists.berkeley.edu, mdes...@lists.berkeley.edu

Dear Jacobs Community,

As the semester enters into its final month, we'd like to share some upcoming opportunities and reminders, including the final weeks of our Design Field Notes series, available student roles at Jacobs, upcoming Cal Day festivities, and to remind you about the Maker Launchpad happening this summer.

Have a great weekend,
Lauren

JACOBS SUMMER 2022 ASE HIRING

We are still hiring for two GSI positions for the summer: DES INV 22, Prototyping & Fabrication and DES INV 23, Creative Programming & Electronics. Both courses are offered in Session D (July 5–August 12), and are the two courses offered in our Maker Launchpad Summer Program. If you've ever wanted to work as a GSI, this is a great opportunity to be part of a new program at the Jacobs Institute!

Learn more here and apply today!

MAKER LAUNCHPAD SUMMER PROGRAM

There is still time to apply for our Maker Launchpad program, offered during Session D (July 5–August 12). This program offers two courses, DES INV 22 + 23, and is open to all interested applicants, regardless of experience! Learn more and apply here!

DESIGN FIELD NOTES

TUESDAY, APRIL 12

2–3 PM

Not too Serious Design Prototyping

Matthew Sibigtroth, UX prototyper, Google

Learn More / Join

Join us for our second-to-last Design Field Notes of the spring semester with Matthew Sibigtroth. For nearly two decades, Matthew has been creatively blending physical and digital technologies to quickly prototype varieties of experiences. He's been lucky enough to works alongside creatives and engineers at Stupid Fun Club, frog, and X. Currently, he is part of Seed Studio, a small multidisciplinary design group in Google Hardware, exploring the futures of human centered technology.

Design ideas oftentimes require tangible artifacts in order to be explored, validated, and iterated. This talk considers the various patterns and tactics one can employ towards this aim while also touching on how a playful and even irreverent ethos can elevate such prototypes.

CAL DAY 2022
SATURDAY, APRIL 23
11–1 PM

Cal Day is just a few weekends away. Celebrate newly admitted UC Berkeley students by stopping by our Makerspace Open House from 11–1. We will be offering tours, demos, and sharing information about all of the exciting opportunities offered at Jacobs. Come cheer on your new peers and get them excited about the Design Community at UC Berkeley.