Early Fall Events and Opportunities

Lauren Ardis

Aug 12, 2021, 6:02:42 PM8/12/21
to jacobs_c...@lists.berkeley.edu

Hello Jacobs Community,

As the fall semester approaches, I would like to share a number of events and opportunities for you to get involved with in the upcoming weeks—starting TOMORROW with our Summer Design Showcase.

Hope to see you at an upcoming event. Have a great weekend!

– Lauren

EVENTS, NEWS, AND OPPORTUNITIES

Summer Design Showcase — Friday, August 13

Our Summer Design Showcase is here! Join us tomorrow, Friday, August 13, for our one-day symposium of student work from our courses and student groups.

The Showcase will be held virtually and contain live presentations as well as published project sites. All links to join live presentations will be shared on the morning of the event, but please visit the Design Showcase page to learn more about the participating courses and for the full schedule.

Applications Open for Jacobs Institute Innovation Catalysts Student Grant Program

If you would like to learn more about the Jacobs Institute Innovation Catalysts grant program, join us for our first info session on August 17, from 5–6 pm. Join here

The Innovation Catalysts fund student ideas and projects with up to $2000 of funding and other support. We welcome a wide range of projects at the intersection of design and technological innovation. If you've been dreaming up a new project or would like to continue working on a recent idea, learn more about the resources available to you through the grant.

All Berkeley students are eligible. Applications for the fall cohort are due Sunday, August 29th at 11:59 pm. The selection committee will cultivate a grant cohort that represents the diversity of the Berkeley community and fosters an inclusive design community; we encourage students from underrepresented or uncommon backgrounds to apply.

2021–2022 Jacobs Student Advisory Board Application

The Jacobs Institute Student Advisory Board (SAB) helps to ensure that the opinions, needs, and interests of the student community are taken into account during strategic planning and program development. Though the Jacobs Institute may not be able to act upon all of the suggestions offered by the SAB, its input will be taken seriously. SAB members should be invested in the design community at Berkeley and represent diverse perspectives from the student community.

The application to join the 2021-2022 Jacobs Student Advisory Board is now open and submissions are due by Monday, September 6th. For more details about the Jacobs SAB and to access the application, go here. Contact Amy Dinh (amy...@berkeley.edu) if you have questions.

Back to School Events at Jacobs!

As we prepare for the beginning of the fall semester and our return to campus, we encourage you to join us for one (or many!) of our back-to-school events. These events include tours of the Makerspace, info sessions about the Berkeley Certificate for Design Innovation, and overviews on design resources and opportunities available at Jacobs Hall. All are welcome to join!

And mark your calendars for a new semester of Design Field Notes, beginning September 7! The full line-up can be found on our DFN website!

 Instagram • Facebook • Twitter