Jacobs Design Showcase starts tomorrow!

Jacobs Institute for Design Innovation

May 3, 2022, 8:19:52 PM5/3/22
to Community

Hi Jacobs Community,

The moment is almost here--the three-day Jacobs Spring Design Showcase kicks off tomorrow at 10am! The Design Showcase is a semesterly event that highlights student accomplishments and work from the courses offered at Jacobs Hall, student clubs, grant programs, and the new Berkeley Master of Design (MDes).

Day 1 features projects from:
  • ART C166 Critical Practices: People, Places, Participation
  • COMPSCI 160 User Interface Design & Development
  • DES INV 10 Discovering Design
  • DES INV 15 Design Methodology
  • DES INV 25 User Experience Design
  • INDENG190E Deplastify the Planet
  • INTEGBI C32 Bio Inspired Design
  • The Innovation Catalysts Student Grant Program
This event is free and open to all members of the Berkeley community. Please RSVP here, if you would like to join us at any time over these three days. You can also visit the Design Showcase website for more information and ongoing updates about the events and schedule for each day.

Lastly, we still have a few spots left for student clubs and DeCals, and individual students, to showcase their work; please sign up here as soon as possible if you are interested.

Jacobs Institute for Design Innovation

May 4, 2022, 7:12:20 PM5/4/22
to Community

Hi Jacobs Community,

We've just wrapped up a great first day of the Jacobs & MDes Design Showcase! The momentum continues tomorrow (Thursday, May 5th) with another full slate of projects from the DES INV courses, affiliated courses, the Innovation Catalysts grant program, and independent student groups and projects, including:
  • CE 92A/186 Design of Future Infrastructure Systems
  • DES INV 23 Creative Programing & Electronics
  • E 29 Manufacturing & Design Communication
  • IEOR 190E Deplastify the Planet
  • Independent Student Groups & Projects
  • Innovation Catalysts Student Grant Program
  • ME 179/270/DES INV 190E Augmenting Human Dexterity
  • ME 102B Mechatronics Design
This event is free and open to all members of the Berkeley community. Please RSVP here, if you would like to join us at any time during our three day event. You can also visit the Design Showcase website for more information and ongoing updates about the events and schedule for each day.

Jacobs Institute for Design Innovation

May 6, 2022, 12:07:23 AM5/6/22
to Community

Hi Jacobs Community,

We will finish the Jacobs & MDes Design Showcase strong tomorrow with projects from the Berkeley Master of Design (MDes). Meet our MDes students as they present work from their core courses, DES INV 211 Designing Emerging Technologies I and DES INV 212 Designing Emerging Technologies II.

Please note that the public session tomorrow is 4-5pm; incorrect times had been posted on the showcase website before but they have now been corrected. The Showcase is free and open to all members of the Berkeley community; you can RSVP here.

See you tomorrow! Also, if you would like to see more work from the MDes program, please join us for T-0: Pioneers, the graduate exhibition of the inaugural MDes cohort, on May 16-17. This exhibition highlights the culminating projects of the graduating Class of Spring 2022 and celebrates their accomplishments as they finish the program and chart their next steps.