This Week at Jacobs!

Lauren Ardis

May 4, 2021, 7:05:26 PM5/4/21
to jacobs_c...@lists.berkeley.edu

Hello Jacobs Community,

I'm sharing the opportunities and events newsletter a few days early this week, in preparation for our Spring Design Showcase, which kicks off tomorrow, Wednesday, May 5. Our Innovation Catalysts grant recipients will start off the day with a live presentation at 9 AM. More details about the Showcase can be found below—we look forward to "seeing" you all there!

– Lauren

NEWS + EVENTS

SPRING 2021 DESIGN SHOWCASE
Wednesday, May 5 + Thursday, May 6

Once again, the Spring Design Showcase begins tomorrow, Wednesday, May 5, and will continue through Thursday, May 6.

This two-day, virtual version of our semesterly Showcase highlights student accomplishments and course work with our students’ peers, the campus community, and the greater Berkeley public. All are welcome to participate! Visit the Showcase website for the full list of participants, schedule of live presentations, and published project sites.

WELCOMING BERKELEY MDes TO THE SHOWCASE

We are thrilled to welcome two Berkeley MDes courses to the Showcase this semester: DES INV 201, Debates in Design, and DES INV 202, Technology Design Foundations. If you've been interested in learning more about the new Berkeley MDes program, or just want to see what the newest cohort has been working on this semester, make sure to join a presentation or view a project site.

• DES INV 201, Debates in Design will present asynchronously through the class project site.

• DES INV 202, Technology Design Foundations will present live on Wednesday, May 5 from 2–4 PM. You can join their presentation here, and learn more using the flyer attached below.

OPPORTUNITIES + REMINDERS

Jacobs Annual Student Survey

Our annual student survey is open from now until Sunday, May 9th! The anonymous survey provides a very important avenue for us to check in with our student community. It is open to all UC Berkeley students who have participated in Jacobs activities and resources or are interested in doing so. We invite you to share your anonymous feedback by Sunday, May 9th, and share the survey link widely with your peers too (survey.jacobshall.org). We will also raffle off $20 gift cards to three survey respondents.

Fall 2021 ASE Roles for DES INV Courses

The Jacobs Institute is currently hiring for the upcoming Fall 2021 ASE positions:

More information about the available roles and instructions on how to apply are provided on the Jacobs website. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, beginning immediately, until positions are filled, with a goal of filling all positions by early June. Before applying, please review information about the course, including meeting time and content, through the links provided on the website; and ensure you meet the eligibility requirements to be an ASE, especially if you are applying to be a first-time GSI.

Contact: Aleta Martinez, al...@berkeley.edu, who is coordinating the hiring process.

 Instagram • Facebook • Twitter

TDFSp2021-DesignShowcase (1).pdf