Innovation Catalysts Grant Application Deadline, Maker Pass Registration, Upcoming Events

Lauren Ardis

Aug 27, 2021, 6:41:07 PM8/27/21
to jacobs_c...@lists.berkeley.edu

Hello Jacobs Community,

I hope you all have had a great first week back on campus! Here are a few reminders about upcoming deadlines and events happening in the upcoming weeks.

Have a great weekend,
Lauren

EVENTS, NEWS, AND OPPORTUNITIES

Apply by Sunday 8/29 for the Jacobs Innovation Catalysts Student Grant Program

Have you been daydreaming of a new project idea but haven't found the resources to bring it to life? Apply to join the Jacobs Institute Innovation Catalysts fall 2021 cohort!

The Innovation Catalysts fund student ideas and projects with up to $2000 of funding and other support. We welcome a wide range of projects at the intersection of design and technology innovation. The selection committee will cultivate a grant cohort that represents the diversity of the Berkeley community and fosters an inclusive design community; we encourage students from underrepresented or uncommon backgrounds to apply. All Berkeley students are eligible.

Applications for the fall cohort are due Sunday, August 29th at 11:59pm. To learn more, visit the Innovation Catalysts website or send your questions to amy...@berkeley.edu

Upcoming Back-to-Jacobs Events

Mark your calendars for our upcoming back-to-school events, which will continue through the first few weeks of school. Here are the events to look forward to in the coming week (learn more at the linked news post):

  • Jacobs @ Caltopia: Sunday, 8/29/21 • 11 AM–4 PM

  • Drop-in Jacobs Hall Building Tour: Monday, 8/30/21 • 1–2 PM

  • Transfer Student Info Session: Wednesday, 9/1/21 • 4–5 PM (newly scheduled!)

  • Jacobs Makerspace Open House Friday, 9/3/21 • 3–5 PM

Maker Pass Registration is Now Open!

Maker Pass registration for Fall 2021 is now open. Visit the Maker Pass page to learn more and sign up.

Beginning August 25–September 6, Maker Pass hours will be Monday–Friday, from 8:30 AM–7 PMThe Makerspace will extend its hours to 11 PM after September 6.

For JPS users, we will also be offering 2 pick-up times, 11 AM–1 PM and 4 PM–6 PM. *Please note that the JPS pick-up window has moved to its permanent location at 234 Jacobs Hall

 Instagram • Facebook • Twitter