Upcoming@Jacobs: Maker Pass registration open and new 25% GSI position for fall

Amy Dinh

May 27, 2022, 2:21:08 PM5/27/22
to Community

Hi Jacobs community,

This week's Jacobs newsletter is short and sweet. We wanted to remind you that summer Maker Pass registration is open now! Access starts next Tuesday, after the holiday weekend. JPS fabrication also starts on Tuesday. Graduate students, head's up as well that we are still accepting applications for our fall ASE roles and have posted a new 25% GSI role recently.

Have a good long weekend,

Amy

SUMMER MAKER PASS REGISTRATION IS OPEN

Summer Maker Pass registration will opened on Monday, May 23rd, and the first day of summer Maker Pass and JPS access is Tuesday, May 31st.

The Maker Pass registration process and fees for the summer are the same as for the fall and spring, but the Maker Pass hours and schedule are different for the summer. Key dates are below; more details can be found on the Making at Jacobs page and Our Space page.

  • First day of summer Maker Pass registration: May 23rd
  • First day of summer Maker Pass & JPS access: May 31st
  • Last day of summer access: August 12th
  • Maker Pass hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am-7:00pm (no evening or weekend hours)

FALL DES INV COURSE ASE POSITIONS

The Jacobs Institute is still hiring graduate students for ASE roles for our fall semester DES INV courses. We have recently added a new position as well--a 25% GSI role for DES INV 290: Studio Foundations. More information about the available roles and instructions on how to applyare provided on our website. Applications are now being accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.

Before applying, please 1) review information about the course, including meeting time and content, through the links provided on the website and 2) ensure you meet the eligibility requirements to be an ASE, especially if you are applying to be a first-time GSI. Contact Aleta Martinez at al...@berkeley.edu if you have any questions.

--
Amy Dinh  A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in email signature
pronouns: she/her/hers

Check out the many ways you can explore design in the Jacobs community here
Learn more about our efforts to increase equity & inclusion here

COVID-19 updates:
  • Currently, I have a flex work schedule. My bCal shows the days I am working from home; if the day is unmarked, it means I am working on campus at 103 Jacobs Hall.
  • Updates and support for Berkeley students can be found here