Design opportunities digest - March 16th ūüćÄ

Amy Dinh

Mar 16, 2022, 12:36:08 PMMar 16
to Community
Hi all,

This week's design opportunities digest includes a range of opportunities: a fall 2022 course, a design comp, a call for user testing, and an engineering career resource made by your fellow Berkeley students. Enjoy!

Design general opportunities
  • 2022 Student Info Sessions for Cleantech to Market Course: the First Cleantech Accelerator (3/17)
  • Core77 Design Awards Final Deadline (4/1)
  • Tactile Interaction & Display Project Testing
  • Hardware is Hard! Mechanical Engineering Recruiting and Roadmap!
Best,

Amy

Design general opportunities
2022 Student Info Sessions for Cleantech to Market Course: the First Cleantech Accelerator
Do you want hands-on experience with cutting edge cleantech innovations?

Please join our upcoming info sessions to learn more about the C2M fall course.
Thursday, March 17th from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm (Room N440/444, Chou Hall)

All grad students are welcome to apply. Many backgrounds & skills are needed: science, engineering, finance, marketing, operations, law, public policy, ERG, and more. Grad students outside Haas apply online by April 29.

Core77 Design Awards: Final Deadline just around the corner
Your very last chance to enter the 2022 awards arrives on April 1st! You may have missed the 2022 Core77 Design Awards' Regular Deadline, but there's still time to get your entry together! The awards final deadline, your last opportunity before open for entry closes, is April 1st at 9 PM EST.

Have a project you completed over the last 12 months you believe deserves recognition? The Core77 Design Awards are a great way to celebrate your team's hard work and a chance to be honored for your excellence in the field of design.

If you haven't created your entry yet, now's a great time to get one started so you don't forget to submit before our last deadline. Again, Awards Final Deadline arrives on Friday, April 1st‚ÄĒdon't miss this opportunity for your work to be honored among the very best designs of the past year!¬†
Enter now.

Working on your entry and have a question for us? Feel free to email us with any questions.

Tactile Interaction & Display Project Testing
Hello! We are looking for students interested in testing a low-cost experimental tactile device. Our tactile device is a simple platform that produces static and dynamic surfaces. It also has the potential to connect online allowing users to manipulate it over vast distances.

We intend for the device to display, implement, and explore different tactile sensations such as contact forces. Thus, we hope to have students participate as our users in our user testing. User testing sessions will be held in-person following COVID safety guidelines since we ask for you to interact with the device and hear your feedback!

In addition to testing the device, there is the opportunity to work with us in developing the device. If you're interested, please fill out this interest form or contact Destinee Her at desti...@berkeley.edu.

Hardware is Hard! Mechanical Engineering Recruiting and Roadmap!
Head to HardwareIsHard.net for info on top hardware companies, portfolio/resume advice and database, and a mechanical engineering technical interview question bank! The site was created by two of your fellow engineers here at Berkeley and features a data proven technique for finding hardware startups and getting interviews.

Join the Newsletter for access to exclusive content and new features coming soon!

--
Amy Dinh  A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in email signature
pronouns: she/her/hers

Check out the many ways you can explore design in the Jacobs community here
Learn more about our efforts to increase equity & inclusion here
Contact me via email, scheduled appointment, or drop-in advising

COVID-19 updates:
  • Currently, I have a flex work schedule. My bCal shows the days I am working from home; if the day is unmarked, it means I am working on campus at 103 Jacobs Hall.
  • Updates and support for Berkeley students can be found here
tDInterestHand.png