Tonight—Innovation Catalysts Info Session!

Lauren Ardis

Nov 18, 2021, 6:36:44 PM11/18/21
to jacobs_c...@lists.berkeley.edu, mdes...@lists.berkeley.edu, mdes...@lists.berkeley.edu

Hello Jacobs Community,

Applications for the Jacobs Innovation Catalysts Spring '22 grant open this evening at 7 PM. If you'd like more information, please join the info session, also scheduled for tonight. Also—if you have not yet RSVP'd for the Winter Design Showcase, make sure to! We are thrilled to be welcoming our favorite event back to Jacobs Hall this semester. The three-day symposium of student work is a wonderful way to celebrate the end of a busy semester with student presentations and fun activities. Be automatically entered into the Showcase raffle each day you RSVP to attend. Learn more below.

I'll be taking a break next week to celebrate the holidays—have a great rest of your week and Happy Thanksgiving.

-Lauren

NEWS & EVENTS

SPRING 2022 INNOVATION CATALYSTS INFO SESSION
TONIGHT, NOVEMBER 18
7–8 PM
Join here

Each semester, the Jacobs Innovation Catalysts student grant program supports student ideas and projects with up to $2000 of funding and other support. All Berkeley students are eligible to apply and we welcome a wide range of projects at the intersection of design and technological innovation. If you've been dreaming up a new concept or would like to continue working on a recent project, consider applying to join our next cohort!

There will be an online info session about the Spring 2022 cohort application tonight, and a follow-up info session on December 6th from 6–7 PM. Applications are due January 3rd. Learn more on the grant program webpage and sign up to get key grant program announcements.

JACOBS & MDES 2021 WINTER DESIGN SHOWCASE
DECEMBER 8, 9, & 10

The Winter Design Showcase is just a few weeks away. Join us in celebrating student work and accomplishments at our three-day event. Wednesday and Thursday (December 8 & 9) will feature work from our DES INV and affiliated courses, as well as presentations from our Innovation Catalysts fall grantees, and independent student projects. Friday, December 10, will focus on MDes students. All are welcome to participate in their presentation reception, 4–5:30 PM.

We are excited to introduce the Showcase raffle this semester, with prizes given out daily and two grand prizes at the end of the day on Friday. All you have to do to participate is join us! RSVP on our Eventbrite page and you will automatically receive a ticket for each day. And get extra tickets for each session you join us for.

MDES STUDENT PODCAST: DESIGN DESPITE DISCIPLINES

If you haven't listened to the first season of the MDes student podcast, Design Despite Disciplines, all episodes are now available for streaming. This podcast is produced by students in the course DES INV 201, Debates in Design, and features 8 conversations with designers about important fissures and emerging territories of interdisciplinary design practice. Listen and subscribe here!