Herp Group April 25 -- Anne Chambers -- Hosted in El Cerrito

4 vues
Passer au premier message non lu

Rebecca Tarvin

non lue,
21 avr. 2022, 21 h 54 min 08 s2022-04-21
à herp...@lists.berkeley.edu
Hello everyone,

This coming Monday is the last (!) Herp Group of the semester. I can't believe it. Our speaker will be Anne Chambers, Postdoctoral Scholar in the Wang lab at UC Berkeley. The title of her talk is A Tale of Two Contact Zones.

We will mix things up this time as I will be hosting the event at my house in El Cerrito. You'll be able to enter the enclosed patio room through the wooden gate to the right and back of the house. I'll have some beers and non-alcoholic refreshments to share starting at around 6pm. The event will begin as usual at 6:40pm.

Address: 6120 Alvarado Pl, El Cerrito, CA 94530
There is plenty of free street parking if you choose to drive. For transit, there are two options. The 7 AC transit bus leaves from Allston Way and Shattuck Ave at 5:38pm and 6:08pm. You can take it to the Barrett Ave and Carquinez Ave stop (approx 30-min ride), which is just half a block from the house. Alternatively you can take the orange or red BART line towards Richmond to the El Cerrito del Norte stop, then it's a 1-mile walk up the hill to my house (takes about 25-min).

Please let me know if you plan to attend so that I can be sure to find enough chairs.

We will attempt to set things up for zoom as well but I will update with more details later this weekend once we have the logistics of the projector sorted out.

Looking forward to it.
Becca

----
Assistant Professor, Department of Integrative Biology
Assistant Curator of Herpetology, Museum of Vertebrate Zoology
3101 Valley Life Sciences Building
University of California Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-3160
Office: (510) 642-0308
Lab website: www.tarvinlab.org
Twitter: @frogsicles

Senior Associate, AmphibiaWeb

Marvalee H. WAKE

non lue,
23 avr. 2022, 16 h 31 min 36 s2022-04-23
à herp...@lists.berkeley.edu,Jimmy A McGuire PhD,Carol Spencer
Hi, Becca,

I am really glad you are willing and able to host Herp Group Monday evening.  I've thought a lot about it, and while I would very much like to be there in person, I don't think I can.  It's a combination of my transportation issues and the fairly close gathering of a group of people, the latter both regarding masks, etc., and also because it's so close to the "anniversary" of Dave's passing that I'm rather too uncomfortable with people...  I must conquer that by May 7th!!

I do plan to be in my office on Wednesday, though, and I look forward to tea with you.

If you do work out a way to do Zoom Monday evening, I'll be "there", but don't do it if it would be as complicated as I fear it might be...

With apologies,
Marvale

Marvalee H. Wake
Department of Integrative Biology
3040 VLSB (Office 5182 VLSB)
University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720-3140
USA

Phone: 1 510 642-4743

Rebecca Tarvin

non lue,
24 avr. 2022, 14 h 56 min 23 s2022-04-24
à herp...@lists.berkeley.edu,Bryan Bach
Hi everyone,

A reminder that Herp Group is on for tomorrow. Our speaker will be Anne Chambers, Postdoctoral Scholar in the Wang lab at UC Berkeley. The title of her talk is A Tale of Two Contact Zones. See the email below for information about how to get to 6120 Alvarado Pl, El Cerrito, CA 94530. Bryan Bach (cc'd) said he can drive a few people from campus, so please contact him if you would like a ride.

I've heard from ~8 people who will be coming but I'm hopeful more will be able to join in person -- would be nice to see you all. The room has several windows and a door that we can open for some ventilation.

I just tested out our zoom capability and it seems to be working, so tomorrow we will be going hybrid. Here's the zoom link.

ID: 99087112825
Passcode: 839955

See you soon!
Becca

----
Assistant Professor, Department of Integrative Biology
Assistant Curator of Herpetology, Museum of Vertebrate Zoology
3101 Valley Life Sciences Building
University of California Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-3160
Office: (510) 642-0308
Lab website: www.tarvinlab.org
Twitter: @frogsicles

Senior Associate, AmphibiaWeb

Rebecca Tarvin

non lue,
25 avr. 2022, 14 h 19 min 22 s2022-04-25
à herp...@lists.berkeley.edu,Bryan Bach
Hello once again,

I promise this will be the last email. Just wanted to let you know that we have around 20 people anticipated coming. Please feel welcome to join even if you haven't RSVPd yet (or feel free to shoot me an email at any time today).  We have a fridge full of beers, coke, and seltzer. I'll grab some snacks as well. Feel free to come by around 6 or after. Talk will start at 6:40.

Becca

----
Assistant Professor, Department of Integrative Biology
Assistant Curator of Herpetology, Museum of Vertebrate Zoology
3101 Valley Life Sciences Building
University of California Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-3160
Office: (510) 642-0308