Introducing Eclipse Megamovie Mobile! Plus special photo equipment offers exclusively for our Megamovie friends.

Dan Zevin [Eclipse Megamovie Team]

Jun 23, 2017, 6:27:13 PM6/23/17
to Eclipse Megamovie News
Dear Megamovie Friends,

We've been talking about it forever, but now it's here - the Eclipse Megamovie app!  Designed by members of the team from the Space Sciences Laboratory at UC Berkeley in partnership with Ideum, the new Eclipse Megamovie Mobile is designed to help everyone, no matter at what level, participate in the Eclipse Megamovie Project. The Android version is currently available for free on Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ideum.com.megamovie. It helps users prepare for the August 21 eclipse with a map of the path of totality and location-specific countdown and contact time information. A soon-to-be released update for Android and iOS will add an experimental photography module that will allow users to automatically take pictures of the eclipse and share them (along with the necessary metadata) with the Megamovie team. Additional updates will continue throughout the summer. To get a preview of the app, check out this brief video about it on YouTube.

We are also delighted to inform you that our partners at B&H Photo/Video have put together some fantastic discounted photo equipment kits exclusively for you, our Megamovie friends. To find out more and order online, please visit https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/promotion/13066/eclipse-megamovie.html

Finally, you may have noticed that the Eclipse Megamovie Project has been in the news quite a bit lately. A press release about our eclipse simulator, which lets you get a sense of the eclipse from any location, resulted in multiple articles, but you can read the original press release here. In addition, Google posted a new blog and video about the project too, so please share with your friends and family!

Thanks as always for your support - and remember, the August 21, 2017 total solar eclipse is only 58 days away. Are you ready?!

Dan Zevin
On behalf of the entire Eclipse Megamovie Project team