Final Reminders for Eclipse Day

Karen Chow

Aug 18, 2017, 12:17:02 AM8/18/17
to Eclipse Megamovie News
Dear Megamovie Friends,

As you all know, Eclipse Day is only a few days away! Remember to upload your photos of totality to Eclipse Megamovie and check back frequently starting at 5 p.m. EDT for the first rendition of the Megamovie!

Here’s a special invitation for EVERYONE here from our friends at ABC News. If you have eclipse-related video, or additional photos, ABC News is asking you to consider submitting them for their live coverage of the eclipse with ABC's David Muir. They are looking for as much imagery as possible, and are just as interested in shots of crowds, people experiencing/reacting to the eclipse, etc. Please note, this request IS NOT affiliated with the Megamovie; we are only passing it along as a favor to ABC News and figured some of you may be interested in helping them out. If interested, please see the participation details provided by ABC News below*.

For those in Wyoming, the eclipse may only last a couple of minutes at most, but the excitement will continue! On August 22nd, our own Dr. Laura Peticolas will be speaking about the Eclipse Megamovie Project at TEDx Jackson Hole “Out of Darkness”. Reserve your tickets now!

Thanks for following our progress so far. This will probably be our last newsletter until after the eclipse, so good luck with your plans and clear skies to everyone! And of course, don’t forget, the August 21, 2017 total solar eclipse is only 4 days away. Are you ready?! We bet you are!

Karen Chow
On behalf of the entire Eclipse Megamovie Project team

*A SPECIAL INVITATION FROM ABC NEWS (not affiliated with the Eclipse Megamovie Project)
Did you take a great video and/or photo during the eclipse? If you own all rights to the images, ABC News may want to use them on our programs, our website, and share them with our partners without restriction in all media. We’re not only looking for the eclipse itself but also how you experienced this rare event. Upload your media via the following link and be sure to tell us where you watched from. As always be safe and wear appropriate protective glasses! https://preview.abcnews.go.com/US/fullpage/submit-photos-videos-49075747 (NOTE: The link will go live and be able to accept content starting on Friday)
This conversation is locked