Sep 4 is the Deadline to Submit Photos - plus behind the scenes with the Eclipse Megamovie Team!

Dan Zevin [Eclipse Megamovie Team]

Aug 29, 2017, 2:18:48 PM8/29/17
to Eclipse Megamovie News
Dear Megamovie Friends,

We hope your total solar eclipse experience was just as awe-inspiring as ours!  Many of our team members were in Dubois, WY, which had perfect weather, a fantastic 360 degree viewing location, and just the most welcoming community we could have ever hoped for - thank you Dubois!!  Much of this experience was in fact documented in a new Google video about the making of the Eclipse Megamovie - check it out now, along with a complimentary blog by Googler and Eclipse Megamovie Program Manager Calvin Johnson - https://www.blog.google/topics/innovation-technology/presenting-eclipse-megamovie/

And although the eclipse is now over, we are still looking for your photos!  Whether you were part of our Official Photo Team, or just snapped some shots on your own and you'd like to share, photos will be accepted through September 4th and can be uploaded at http://eclipsemega.movie/profile. Images from Photo Team members should still be able to make it to future versions of the Megamovie, which will be released on our website at http://eclipsemega.movie. All other photos will be added to our vast image archive for future projects and research. We'll also be making the image archive available to the public - more information on that to come!

Finally, check out some interviews with Megamovie volunteers by our friends at The Crowd & The Cloud.  The interviews are located at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq-Nvfl3ynYb11j59qK3OabbUOFzAv1wC

Thanks again for your interest in the Eclipse Megamovie Project and all your amazing support.  We'll keep you updated of course!

Best wishes,

Dan
On behalf of the entire Eclipse Megamovie Project team