Weather Predictions, More In-Depth Science, and Citizen Science Documentary

Dan Zevin [Eclipse Megamovie Team]

Mar 10, 2017, 9:23:59 PM3/10/17
to Eclipse Megamovie News
Hello Everyone,

With not much longer to go now until the big event, some of you may be wondering about the weather conditions in your area for the August 21st total solar eclipse. If so, the "Eclipsophile" has got you covered with an entire website dedicated to trying to make these predictions. Have a look at http://eclipsophile.com!

Our Eclipse Megamovie team is certainly hoping for clear skies no matter where you live. Not too long ago, Dr. Laura Peticolas from the team provided NASA's Night Sky Network with an online presentation about the project that goes a little more in-depth on the new scientific discoveries we hope to uncover. Hosted by our partners at the Astronomical Society of the Pacific, the presentation was recorded and can be found here.

Finally, there's a new four part documentary series about citizen science coming out soon on PBS that we're sure many of you will want to watch. It's called The Cloud & The Crowd and starts in April, so check your local listings in the coming weeks. The series website can be found here.

Until next time!

Dan
On behalf of the entire Eclipse Megamovie Project team