Welcome to Eclipse Megamovie News!

Dan Zevin [Eclipse Megamovie Team]

Jan 5, 2017, 9:20:23 PM1/5/17
to Eclipse Megamovie News
Greetings!

Welcome to Eclipse Megamovie News, the E-Newsletter of the Eclipse Megamovie Project! In the coming months this newsletter will be sent more frequently and use a more professional looking format. For now though, we simply wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about those who signed up from the beginning, and welcome any new members.

Speaking of news - the project has a new website!  Check it out and continue to track our progress at https://eclipsemega.movie

Besides keeping you up-to-date on the Eclipse Megamovie Project through this newsletter (including more details on how to participate), we'll also be regularly highlighting some of the best as well as more recent new resources for the August 21, 2017 Total Solar Eclipse. Today we want to turn your attention to the fairly new 2017 Eclipse page from NASA at https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov. From in-depth science, to educational activities, to a range of eclipse maps and a whole slew of additional resources, this site really has it all!

Another great new eclipse resource is the animation created by Michael Zeiler, curator of http://eclipse-maps.com. This fascinating visualization follows the Moon's shadow across the United States from a height of 100 km. The animation can be found at https://vimeo.com/197718426. For best viewing, download the HD version and watch full screen!

Want to join more 2017 Total Solar Eclipse discussions?  Additional and more traditional "forum" type groups are offered through NASA and Yahoo. Both are invite only, but you can always request an invitation to join. NASA's is mainly for educators, and subscriptions can be requested by sending an email to nasa-eclipse2017-subscribe@lists.nasa.gov with nothing but the word "subscribe" in the subject line. The Yahoo Group is described in more detail here and join requests can be sent via the "Join Group" button at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SEML/info.

Finally, please note that Eclipse Megamovie News is a one-way newsletter and not an e-list or other regular online forum for full group communication. However, contact information is coming soon, as well as a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Thanks for joining us and stay tuned for more news and updates soon!

Dan Zevin
On behalf of the entire Eclipse Megamovie Project Team
This conversation is locked