Re: Update on mailing list migrations

Ian Crew

May 4, 2016, 5:27:35 PM5/4/16
to micronet...@lists.berkeley.edu
Hi all:

As a follow-up, we passed our 1,000th migrated list at 11:10 this morning, and, if you include newly-created lists, 1,100 lists are now using Google.

The migration process has been going really smoothly so far, so if you’ve been waiting to let the initial bumps work themselves out, come on in—the water’s fine!

As a reminder, see the bConnected Lists page for all the information about migrating your lists to Google, and using your lists on Google Groups.

The only small source of confusion we’ve seen so far is that the 4 options that are offered when you create or migrate a list doesn't currently include a “members can send, hold messages from non-members for moderation” option.  See the Who can post to a bConnected List? document for more details and how to set that option up once you’ve migrated your list.  (This is not available due to a Google bug. We’ll turn on that option as soon as we get a fix.)

Cheers,

Ian

On Apr 28, 2016, at 10:17 AM, Ian Crew <ic...@berkeley.edu> wrote:

Hi Micronet,

As a reminder, see the bConnected Lists page for all the information about migrating your lists to Google, and using your lists on Google Groups.

Please swing by the Academic Innovation Studio for our mailing list migration kickoff event today from 10:00am-3:30pm. Everyone is welcome.

Cheers,

Ian

___
Ian Crew

IST-Architecture, Platforms and Integration (API)
Earl Warren Hall, Second Floor
University of California, Berkeley