Announcing Slap Fingerprint Segmentation Evaluation III

Slap Fingerprint Segmentation (SlapSeg)

Sep 12, 2018, 8:14:27 AM9/12/18
to Slap Fingerprint Segmentation (SlapSeg)
NIST is announcing the public review period for the test plan and application programming interface (API) for a new evaluation, Slap Fingerprint Segmentation (SlapSeg) III. Please submit comments by 15 October 2018 to sla...@nist.gov. Shortly thereafter, we will begin accepting algorithms for evaluation.

SlapSeg III will be an ongoing evaluation of automated slap fingerprint segmentation algorithms, closely following the design of its predecessor evaluation, SlapSeg II. Algorithms will be provided slap images and will be expected to return segmentation positions. These positions will be compared to examiner markup for similarity.

This version of the evaluation is more in line with other NIST Image Group evaluations. Participants will need to wrap their algorithm with the provided C++ API and deliver it as a Linux shared library. SlapSeg III also adds support for more types of imagery, including upper palm and full palm captures, as well as 1000 pixel per inch resolution images.

If you or your organization develop a slap fingerprint segmentation algorithm, we strongly encourage you to review the test plan and API documentation over the coming month, and to participate in the evaluation beginning later this year. If you have any questions, please contact the SlapSeg team at sla...@nist.gov.

Thank you! We are looking forward to your responses.

This conversation is locked