Updates to Report Cards Available

Slap Fingerprint Segmentation (SlapSeg)

Sep 8, 2020, 2:19:45 PM9/8/20
to Slap Fingerprint Segmentation (SlapSeg)
Report cards for all SlapSeg III algorithms have been updated to contain new analysis and fixes. Report cards are available online and details of the changes are below.
  • [NEW] Identification of "sequence error." We now check segmentation positions against all known ground truth positions within an image to see if a segmentation position is mislabeled.
  • [NEW] Partial analysis of full palm data. We are unsure when we will have access to the complete ground truth information for our full palm dataset, so we've posted analysis for the data we have.
  • [FIX] Added Other: Segmentation Not Attempted in Identifying Missing Fingers. The previously-reported percentages were calculated incorrectly when no segmentation positions were returned for an image with one or more missing fingers.
  • [FIX] The multiprocessing package used to perform analysis did not preserve the random number generator's seed across processes. This resulted in bootstrap confidence bounds possibly being different across multiple runs. These values should now remain unchanged in any future report card revisions.
  • [FIX] Removed a handful of images erroneously added to the SlapSeg III datasets.
  • [FIX] Typos, grammar, etc.