2020-10-14 EDC Call Notes

Adam Montville

Oct 14, 2020, 1:44:10 PM10/14/20
to scap-dev-endpoint
All:

I volunteered to take notes during today’s call. Here they are. Attendees, please correct any errors/omissions.

Kind regards,

Adam

Attendees:
  • Danny Martinez
  • David Kemp
  • Charles Schmidt
  • Jessica Fitzgerald-McKay
  • Bill Munyan
  • Adam Montville

Discussion Items:
  • Managing this meeting moving forward. Given implementation work is happening under OCA’s umbrella, do we need bi-weekly meetings at this point?
    • Decision: Move this EDC meeting to monthly until we need to do otherwise. Stephen will handle rescheduling.
  • Talked a little bit about how work within OCA is going to really work. We have the expectation that once the implementation work is being done under that OCA umbrella, we’ll gain some additional contributions.
    • Cautionary Note: It’s easier for others to make corrections than it is to create something from scratch.
    • Potential mitigation: Plugfest/hackathon with dedicated time to make implementation progress
  • How is this work going to be managed under OCA? Dave Kemp is a lead of the effort, the details of recurring meetings, governance, and all of that is TBD.
  • When is code going to be moved into an OCA repo? Jess is suggesting two weeks from now (around the end of this month). <snark>Caveat per anonymous participant...doubling that estimate and changing the unit of measure, we’ll be happy if we have it out there in 4 months.</snark>