Progress on action items regarding the Scapolite format

B Grobauer

May 17, 2019, 7:23:08 AM5/17/19
to scap-dev-authoring
Dear all,

during the SCAP v2 workshop, the participants in the break-out sessions on the future of XCCDF decided on founding a work-group on improving authoring and maintenance
of SCAP content as manageable text files under version control such as practiced by the Compliance-as-Code project (https://github.com/ComplianceAsCode/content) and
Siemens with its Scapolite format (see https://groups.google.com/a/list.nist.gov/forum/#!topic/scap-dev/p41KQiBSMWY; further details will  be available once the slides of the SCAP v2 workshop
are published by NIST.)

The participants further agreed that Siemens' Scapolite format looked like a promising candidate to be used as basis for a standard format.

I took the action item to check whether the Scapolite format could be made public and, if so, provide some examples for what a complete benchmark would look like in Scapolite).

This mail is to let you know that I have received management approval for publishing Scapolite and I am now in the process of clarifying the how and when; further,
within the next two weeks, we will make available some examples.

Kind regards,

Bernd