Proposed sub-team summary templates for September SCAP v2 workshop

Charles Schmidt

Aug 16, 2019, 4:29:39 PM8/16/19
to scap-dev-authoring

Hi all,

NIST’s SCAP v2 workshop in Rockville, MD is only a few weeks away (Sept 17-19). In the draft agenda that was posted on the registration page (https://scap.regfox.com/scap-v2-workshop-september-2019) the plan is to have all active sub-teams start day 1 with a short presentation (30 minutes allocated, but that would include questions) summarizing their status and activities since the April workshop. The sub-teams then have a 90-minute block of time on day 2 where it is hoped they will engage the broader community on topics that would be good to discuss more broadly than just in the sub-team calls.

For the short summary presentations on day 1, we have put together a suggested template for the presentation. We have also put together an example of the template filled out for the XCCDF and Content Authoring sub-team. (This is provided just as an example. The actual Content Authoring presentation will likely change significantly.) You don’t need to restrict yourself to the template, but it would be beneficial to hit the points the template identifies.

In your upcoming sub-team calls, please identify someone who would be willing to given the day-1 summary presentation, and consider topics that would be valuable to discuss in front of the full community on the day-2 deep-dives.

We look forward to further productive discussions when we get together in September.

Thanks,

Charles

P.S. – If you haven’t done so, please make sure to register for the workshop at https://scap.regfox.com/scap-v2-workshop-september-2019

September Workshop Subteam Template.pptx
September Workshop Subteam XCCDF Report.pptx