BIKE DFR

Rafael Misoczki

Nov 12, 2021, 4:51:46 PM11/12/21
to pqc-...@list.nist.gov, Carlos Aguilar Melchor, Edoardo Persichetti, Nicolas Sendrier, Gaborit, Gilles Zémor, Jean-Christophe Deneuville, Loïc Bidoux, Nicolas Aragon, Olivier Blazy, Paulo Barreto, Shay Gueron, Slim Bettaieb, Tim Güneysu, Valentin Vasseur, tillich, Ghosh, Santosh, Jan Richter-Brockmann
Dear NIST PQC Forum,

On October 31st, we shared with NIST a document that covers important results on the Decoding Failure Rate (DFR) estimates for BIKE.

We were waiting for the ePrint (submitted on October 29th) to appear before sending this note to the forum. It is now published and available at: https://eprint.iacr.org/2021/1458

Topics such as weak keys and near-codewords are covered in detail. The content comes essentially from our team member Valentin Vasseur's recently published PhD thesis.

We hope that this document can clarify remaining questions about BIKE decoding techniques and the associated DFR estimates before NIST makes its final selection.

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.

Best Regards,
The BIKE Team