[NIST PQC Seminar] David Jao - February 23, 2021

daniel.apon

Jan 29, 2021, 9:59:14 AM1/29/21
to pqc-forum
Hi all,

I'd like to announce the third talk in our 3rd Round Seminar Series.

The next talk will be by David Jao from the University of Waterloo on efficient implementation of isogeny-based cryptography. The talk details are as follows:

---------------

TITLE: Implementation of isogeny-based cryptography

DATE: Tuesday, February 23, 2021

TIME: 11:00am - Noon (with Q&A afterward), Eastern time
[This event will begin at 8am in Los Angeles, and at 4pm in London.]

ABSTRACT:
The past few years have seen dramatic progress in state of the art algorithms for implementing and evaluating isogenies in the context of public-key cryptography. In this talk we present the mathematics of isogeny computation and discuss the current status of fast isogeny evaluation algorithms. Our emphasis is on SIKE, but techniques related to other isogeny cryptosystems may also be mentioned. Required background elements will be kept to a minimum.

SPEAKER BIO: David Jao is a professor in the mathematics faculty at the University of Waterloo. He is a co-inventor of the isogeny-based SIDH cryptosystem and principal submitter of the SIKE round 3 alternate candidate.

---------------

We plan to post a link to join the Webex session for the talk on our website (https://nist.gov/pqcrypto) and in this pqc-forum thread closer to the talk date/time.

Also, a reminder: We've recently posted the Call for Papers for the 3rd NIST PQC Standardization Conference, which will be June 7-9, 2021. We currently plan to have one additional seminar talk after this current one (announcement coming in the future), and then plan to take a break from the seminar series to focus efforts on the PQC Standardization Conference. We may possibly continue this seminar series after the Conference in June, but haven't decided yet.

Best,
--Daniel

daniel.apon

Feb 15, 2021, 4:09:16 PM2/15/21
to pqc-forum, daniel.apon
Hi all,

This is a reminder announcement that David Jao's Round 3 NIST PQC Seminar talk, "Implementation of isogeny-based cryptography," is scheduled to take place in approximately one week.
The plan is to host it on Webex on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 from 11:00am to Noon, Eastern time (i.e. event starting at 8am in Los Angeles and 4pm in London).

We will post the Webex link here in the coming days.

See you Tuesday!
--Daniel Apon, NIST PQC

dustin...@nist.gov

Feb 19, 2021, 2:09:26 PM2/19/21
to pqc-forum, daniel.apon
The link for the seminar next week is:

or you can go to our seminar page at:

The seminar page has more info if you need it, including a call-in number.

Dustin Moody

TITLE: Implementation of isogeny-based cryptography

daniel.apon

Feb 23, 2021, 10:47:57 AM2/23/21
to pqc-forum, dustin...@nist.gov, daniel.apon
Reminder -- this talk is starting in about 15 minutes!

daniel.apon

Mar 1, 2021, 2:23:07 PM3/1/21
to pqc-forum, daniel.apon, dustin...@nist.gov
The presentation slides and video recording for David Jao's Feb 23 talk are now available at https://csrc.nist.gov/projects/post-quantum-cryptography/workshops-and-timeline/round-3-seminars