3rd Round Report correction

Moody, Dustin (Fed)

Sep 29, 2022, 12:55:52 PM9/29/22
to pqc-forum

Everybody,

We wanted to apologize for omitting an important paper from our report.  In Section 3.2.3, we provided a brief history of some of the foundational papers in lattice-based cryptography.  In doing so, we failed to highlight the contribution of the following paper:

Stehle D, Steinfeld R, Tanaka K, Xagawa K (2009) Efficient public key encryption based on ideal lattices. International Conference on the Theory and Application of Cryptology and Information Security (Springer), pp 617–635.

as introducing a search variant of ring-based LWE, with associated public-key encryption scheme.  The report has been updated and can be found at:

https://doi.org/10.6028/NIST.IR.8413-upd1

Again, we apologize for the omission.

Thanks,

Dustin Moody