Decryption Failure Attacks,( LWE/RLWE)

Fatima ASEBRIY

Sep 14, 2022, 7:35:23 PM9/14/22
to pqc-forum
Capture d’écran 2022-09-15 à 00.32.47.png
good evening my teacher
I hope you are well
Sir I found an implementation on decryption failure, I tried to execute it locally on my machine, I launched the execution and it is almost 3 days, it is still processing.
sir please, if it is possible to advise me if this implementation is good to test it?
Do you know of any other implementation regarding attack against LWE better.
You can explain to me why this implementation is very late except physical condition of my pc, are there problems at the level of calculation or something else
thank you in advance sir

Jan-Pieter D'Anvers

Sep 20, 2022, 7:32:56 AM9/20/22
to pqc-...@list.nist.gov

Hi Fatima,

I'm the author of this code.

As the README file states:
"Generation of failure boosting curves is costly, but should be done only once (intermediate results are saved). As such running the main functions for the first time will take approximately 1 day to 1 week of time per scheme and per set of constraints."

Depending on the scheme, the computations can indeed be very slow, 3 days is certainly not unexpected for some schemes. The results are stored and you should be able to re-use them later to speed up the computers.

If you have any further questions you can always direct them to me.

Best regards,

Jan-Pieter

Fatima ASEBRIY

Sep 22, 2022, 8:01:16 PM9/22/22
to pqc-forum, janpiete...@esat.kuleuven.be
Thank you Sir  for the time you gave me to answer. Concerning the program, I left it for a week while reading the instructions, but I got no results, and as my computer suffers from working 24 hours a day,  that's why I had to stop it...
If you have time Sir please help me Compare this type of attack to kyber and saber, and which we will consider most protective against decryption failure

Best regards,

ASE

Fatima ASEBRIY

Sep 23, 2022, 12:09:47 PM9/23/22
to pqc-forum
In Kyber round 3 specification, the table 4 gave the security estimates of Primal and Dual attack with respect to Kyber 512, 768 and 1024 (see the figure below). However, using the python script given in the paper (see the github, run Kyber.py), it seems that I cannot reproduce the same result (however the numbers are very closed). I cannot figure out the reason, need help.

The result I get by this script is:

Kyber512 (light):
--------------------
security:
Primal attacks uses block-size 406 and 486 samples; dim d=999
Primal & 486 & 406 & 118 & 107 & 84
Dual attacks uses block-size 403 and 512 samples; dim d=1024
shortest vector used has length l=3294.02, q=3329, `l<q'= 1
log2(epsilon) = -41.82, log2 nvector per run 83.63
Dual & 512 & 403 & 117 & 106 & 83
params:  {'n': 256, 'm': 2, 'ks': 3, 'ke': 3, 'ke_ct': 2, 'q': 3329, 'rqk': 4096, 'rqc': 1024, 'rq2': 16}
com costs:  (800.0, 768.0)
failure: 0.0 = 2^-139.1

Kyber768 (recommended):
--------------------
security:
Primal attacks uses block-size 626 and 650 samples; dim d=1419
Primal & 650 & 626 & 183 & 166 & 129
Dual attacks uses block-size 620 and 650 samples; dim d=1418
shortest vector used has length l=5003.21, q=3329, `l<q'= 0
log2(epsilon) = -64.32, log2 nvector per run 128.66
Dual & 650 & 620 & 181 & 164 & 128
params:  {'n': 256, 'm': 3, 'ks': 2, 'ke': 2, 'ke_ct': 2, 'q': 3329, 'rqk': 4096, 'rqc': 1024, 'rq2': 16}
com costs:  (1184.0, 1088.0)
failure: 0.0 = 2^-165.2

Kyber1024 (paranoid):
--------------------
security:
Primal attacks uses block-size 878 and 860 samples; dim d=1885
Primal & 860 & 878 & 256 & 232 & 182
Dual attacks uses block-size 868 and 838 samples; dim d=1862
shortest vector used has length l=5920.11, q=3329, `l<q'= 0
log2(epsilon) = -90.06, log2 nvector per run 180.13
Dual & 838 & 868 & 253 & 230 & 180
params:  {'n': 256, 'm': 4, 'ks': 2, 'ke': 2, 'ke_ct': 2, 'q': 3329, 'rqk': 4096, 'rqc': 2048, 'rq2': 32}
com costs:  (1568.0, 1568.0)
failure: 0.0 = 2^-175.2

--

Cordialement

ASEBRIY FATIMA

Master de recherche M3S_TA

Master Sécurité Systèmes et Services

Université Mohammed V, ENSIAS

Rabat, Maroc

Peter Schwabe

Sep 24, 2022, 2:34:59 AM9/24/22
to Fatima ASEBRIY, pqc-forum
Fatima ASEBRIY <fatima....@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Fatima,

> In Kyber round 3 specification, the table 4 gave the security estimates of
> Primal and Dual attack with respect to Kyber 512, 768 and 1024 (see the
> figure below). However, using the python script given in the paper (see the
> github <https://github.com/pq-crystals/security-estimates>, run *Kyber.py*),
> it seems that I cannot reproduce the same result (however the numbers are
> very closed). I cannot figure out the reason, need help.

What numbers do you think don't match? I'm looking at Table 4 on page 21
of https://pq-crystals.org/kyber/data/kyber-specification-round3-20210804.pdf
and compare those numbers with the "Primal" lines in the Kyber.py
output, but I don't see where they don't match.

All the best,

Peter