ROUND 4 OFFICIAL COMMENT: Classic McEliece

Tanja Lange

Sep 30, 2022, 4:55:20 PM9/30/22
to pqc-co...@nist.gov, pqc-...@list.nist.gov, authorcontact-...@box.cr.yp.to
The attached document "modifications for round 4" specifies the
Classic McEliece tweaks for round 4. We will provide updated
documentation and software matching this.

Tanja, on behalf of the Classic McEliece team
mods3.pdf

Michael Lyons

Sep 30, 2022, 5:45:36 PM9/30/22
to pqc-forum, Tanja Lange, pqc-...@list.nist.gov, authorcontact-...@box.cr.yp.to, pqc-co...@nist.gov
On page 2 in the sentence [  SECDED means “single error correction, double error correction”. ]
I believe the last word should be "detection".

Regards,
  Mike Lyons
  Cryptographic Engineering Research Group
  George Mason University

Tung Chou

Sep 30, 2022, 9:07:00 PM9/30/22
to Michael Lyons, pqc-forum, pqc-co...@nist.gov
Hi Mike,

You are right. Thank you for pointing this out.

Tung Chou

Moody, Dustin (Fed)

Oct 3, 2022, 9:29:04 AM10/3/22
to Tanja Lange, pqc-forum, authorcontact-...@box.cr.yp.to
Thanks Tanja (and team),

When do you think you can send us the updated specs and software?

Dustin