The end of round 3 continues to draw nearer...

Moody, Dustin (Fed)

Aug 20, 2021, 12:05:29 PM8/20/21
to pqc-forum

All,

We are getting further on into the 3rd Round.  As we've previously indicated, we anticipate the 3rd Round ending sometime around the end of this year or the very beginning of next year.  When that happens, we will announce which algorithms we will standardize, as well as any algorithms which will continue to be studied in the 4th Round.

To that end, NIST kindly requests to be notified if there are any implementations, benchmarks, research papers, cryptanalysis, etc. that you want to be sure we are aware of before we finalize our evaluation and analysis.  We would suggest October 31st as a suitable date.

Please use the pqc-forum to announce results, discuss relevant topics, ask questions, etc.  Please remember to be polite, civil, and constructive in these discussions.  As always you can contact us directly at pqc-co...@nist.gov.

Thank you,

Dustin Moody
NIST