[NIST PQC Seminar] Side-Channel Analysis of Lattice Candidates - March 26, 2021

daniel.apon

Mar 1, 2021, 12:58:41 PM3/1/21
to pqc-forum
Hi all,

I'd like to announce the fourth talk in our 3rd Round Seminar Series.

The next talk will be a joint talk by Prasanna Ravi and Sujoy Sinha Roy on side-channel analyses of lattice-based NIST PQC candidates. The talk details are as follows:

---------------

TITLE: Side-Channel Analysis of Lattice-based PQC Candidates

DATE: Friday, March 26, 2021

TIME: 11:00am - Noon (with Q&A afterward), Eastern time
[Note that there are multiple time-zone changes in early March across the world; please pay attention to the EST->EDT time zone change to Eastern time that happens two weeks prior to this event on March 14, and adjust appropriately for your local time zone]

ABSTRACT:
Like classical public-key schemes, lattice-based post-quantum public-key schemes too are vulnerable to side-channel attacks. In this talk, we will be giving a summary of different side-channel attacks on lattice-based PQC candidates and classify such attacks into broad categories. We will conclude the talk with the design and implementation of countermeasures.

SPEAKER BIOS: Prasanna Ravi is a Research Assistant at Temasek Labs, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, pursuing a PhD in side-channel and fault analysis of lattice-based cryptography. Sujoy Sinha Roy is an assistant professor in Cryptographic Engineering at IAIK, the Graz University of Technology.

---------------

We plan to post a link to join the Webex session for the talk on our website (https://nist.gov/pqcrypto) and in this pqc-forum thread closer to the talk date/time.

Also, a reminder: We've recently posted the Call for Papers for the 3rd NIST PQC Standardization Conference, which will be June 7-9, 2021. After this talk, we will take a break from the seminar series to focus efforts on the PQC Standardization Conference. We may possibly continue this seminar series after the Conference in June, but haven't decided yet.

Best,
--Daniel

daniel.apon

Mar 16, 2021, 10:44:56 AM3/16/21
to pqc-forum, daniel.apon
Reminder to all that this talk is happening in about 10 days.

This will be the last talk in the PQC Seminar as we switch gears to get ready for the 3rd NIST PQC Conference -- submission deadline April 23.

The Webex link for this talk will be posted in about a week, here on the pqc-forum and on our website.

Cheers,
--Daniel

daniel.apon

Mar 23, 2021, 2:32:13 PM3/23/21
to pqc-forum, daniel.apon
The WebEx link for the Lattice-SCA talk this Friday morning is posted on our website; see: https://csrc.nist.gov/projects/post-quantum-cryptography/workshops-and-timeline/round-3-seminars

To ensure that you connect at the correct time, please note the time-zones shifts that happen asynchronously throughout March across the world.

daniel.apon

Mar 26, 2021, 10:40:17 AM3/26/21
to pqc-forum, daniel.apon
Talk starting in about 20 minutes

daniel.apon

Mar 31, 2021, 4:49:25 PM3/31/21
to pqc-forum, daniel.apon
Hi all,

The slides and video recording of Sujoy's and Prasanna's talk on Lattice SCA are now posted on our website; see https://csrc.nist.gov/projects/post-quantum-cryptography/workshops-and-timeline/round-3-seminars

That's it for the PQC Seminar Talk series, folks!
Reminder to please send your best PQC Standards related papers in for the 3rd NIST PQC Conference by April 23, 2021; see https://groups.google.com/a/list.nist.gov/g/pqc-forum/c/SuELz2J9MTU for the CFP.

Cheers,
--Daniel

daniel.apon

Mar 31, 2021, 4:58:03 PM3/31/21
to pqc-forum, daniel.apon
P.S. All,

Looks like the video is going through a backend process for the public link to be generated. Will update when the public video URL becomes active

Thanks to all who emailed about this so quickly.. =)
--Daniel

daniel.apon

Apr 8, 2021, 1:42:49 PM4/8/21
to pqc-forum, daniel.apon