PQCrypto 2023 at the University of Maryland

Yi-Kai Liu

Mar 14, 2023, 10:03:36 AM3/14/23
to pqc-...@list.nist.gov, Smith-Tone, Daniel, Thomas Johansson, Yi-Kai Liu
Dear all,

We would like to announce that PQCrypto 2023, the 14th International Conference on Post-Quantum Cryptography, will be held at the University of Maryland, College Park, USA, on August 16-18, 2023. For more information, see the conference web site:

https://pqcrypto2023.umiacs.io/

Topics of interest include (but are not restricted to):

- Cryptanalysis of post-quantum systems and quantum cryptanalysis.
- Cryptosystems that have the potential to be safe against quantum computers, such as: code-based, hash-based, isogeny-based, lattice-based, and multivariate constructions.
- Implementations of, and side-channel attacks on, post-quantum cryptosystems.
- Security models for the post-quantum era.

The submission deadline will be in approximately six weeks, on April 24, 2023. Authors are required to submit a title and abstract one week prior to this, on April 17, 2023. Accepted papers will be published in Springer's LNCS series. The complete Call for Papers and submission instructions are available on the conference web site.

We look forward to seeing you in Maryland later this year.

Cheers,

Thomas Johansson and Daniel Smith-Tone, Program Chairs
Yi-Kai Liu, General Chair

Ira McDonald

Mar 14, 2023, 11:11:24 AM3/14/23
to Yi-Kai Liu, Ira McDonald, pqc-...@list.nist.gov, Smith-Tone, Daniel, Thomas Johansson, Yi-Kai Liu
Hi,

Thanks for this announcement!

Will this PQCrypto 2023 be Hybrid (w/ remote participation) or In-Person only?

Cheers,
- Ira

Yi-Kai Liu

Mar 14, 2023, 12:19:21 PM3/14/23
to Ira McDonald, pqc-...@list.nist.gov, Smith-Tone, Daniel, Thomas Johansson, Yi-Kai Liu
Dear Ira,

PQCrypto 2023 will be primarily in-person. We expect we will offer some way to watch the talks online, but we likely won't have a way for in-person and remote participants to interact with each other.

Thanks,

--Yi-Kai

Ira McDonald

Mar 14, 2023, 12:31:35 PM3/14/23
to Yi-Kai Liu, pqc-...@list.nist.gov, Smith-Tone, Daniel, Thomas Johansson, Yi-Kai Liu
Hi,

I wasn't thinking about interaction with remote participants. But it would be excellent
to be able to watch the presentations (in real-time, with slides).

Thanks,
- Ira

Yi-Kai Liu

Apr 12, 2023, 12:02:32 PM4/12/23
to pqc-...@list.nist.gov, Smith-Tone, Daniel, Thomas Johansson, Yi-Kai Liu
Dear all,

Just to update you, the submission server for PQCrypto 2023 is now open, and can be reached from the conference web site: https://pqcrypto2023.umiacs.io/

Note that submitting a paper is a two-step process: The INITIAL submission deadline is April 17, 2023 (this coming Monday). All papers must be submitted by this deadline to be considered for the conference. Papers submitted by this deadline may be in draft form, but must include a title and an abstract. The FINAL submission deadline is April 24, 2023 (the following Monday). Authors will be permitted to revise their submissions anytime before the final submission deadline.

For more details, see the call for papers here: https://pqcrypto2023.umiacs.io/pqc23-cfp_with_PC.pdf

Cheers,

Thomas Johansson and Daniel Smith-Tone, Program Chairs
Yi-Kai Liu, General Chair

Yi-Kai Liu

Jul 5, 2023, 11:05:54 AM7/5/23
to pqc-...@list.nist.gov, Smith-Tone, Daniel, Thomas Johansson, Yi-Kai Liu
Dear all,

Registration is now open for the PQCrypto conference, which will take place on Wednesday-Friday, August 16-18, 2023 at the University of Maryland, College Park, USA.

To register for the conference, follow the instructions on the web site:

Discounted hotel rooms must be reserved by July 14, 2023 (NEXT FRIDAY), and early registration ends on July 19, 2023.

The list of accepted papers is available here: https://pqcrypto2023.umiacs.io/index.html#accepted

In addition, PQCrypto 2023 is happy to welcome the following invited speakers:

- Thibauld Feneuil, CryptoExperts and Sorbonne University, France ("MPC-in-the-head" signature schemes)
- Sophie Schmieg, Google, USA (deployment of post-quantum cryptography)
- Jean-Pierre Tillich, INRIA, France (code-based cryptography)
- Benjamin Wesolowski, ENS-Lyon, France (isogeny-based cryptography)

The conference will be primarily in-person. There will be an option for online participation, which will also require registering for the conference. This will allow viewing of the talks, but not discussion with the speaker or the audience.

We look forward to seeing you in Maryland next month!

Cheers,

Thomas Johansson and Daniel Smith-Tone, Program Chairs
Yi-Kai Liu, General Chair

Yi-Kai Liu

Sep 25, 2023, 9:30:41 AM9/25/23
to pqc-...@list.nist.gov, Smith-Tone, Daniel, Thomas Johansson, Yi-Kai Liu
Dear all,

Slides and videos of the talks at PQCrypto 2023 are now posted online here:

Next year, PQCrypto 2024 will take place at the University of Oxford, UK. The preliminary dates are June 12-14, 2024. The program chairs will be Daniel Smith-Tone and Markku‐Juhani O. Saarinen. More details to come...

Cheers, and thank you,

Thomas Johansson and Daniel Smith-Tone, Program Chairs (2023)
Yi-Kai Liu, General Chair (2023)