NIST updates for FIPS 203, 204, and 205

Moody, Dustin (Fed)

Apr 19, 2024, 2:05:58 PMApr 19
to pqc-forum

All,

Last week, NIST held its 5th PQC Standardization Conference and would like to thank everybody for their participation.  In particular, the speakers, panelists and poster presenters did an excellent job.  All the slides have been posted at:

https://csrc.nist.gov/Events/2024/fifth-pqc-standardization-conference

The conference was recorded, and we will post the video once it has been processed by our audio/visual team.  We'll send an announcement when it is available.

During the conference, NIST gave some  update talks on FIPS 203, 204, and 205.  You can see the slides at:

https://csrc.nist.gov/csrc/media/Presentations/2024/fips-203/images-media/dang-fips-203-pqc2024.pdf

https://csrc.nist.gov/csrc/media/Presentations/2024/fips-204/images-media/perlner-fips-204-pqc2024.pdf

https://csrc.nist.gov/csrc/media/Presentations/2024/fips-205/images-media/kelsey-fips-205-pqc2024.pdf

To give a bit more detail than was possible in the talks, NIST will shortly send out some posts on some of the changes we are planning on making from the draft FIPS.  We welcome feedback. That said, we are near the end of the revision process and we are continuing to target publication for the FIPS this summer.

Dustin Moody

NIST PQC