Onramp submissions are posted!

Moody, Dustin (Fed)

Jul 17, 2023, 9:50:46 AM7/17/23
to pqc-forum

Everyone,

     NIST has completed the reviews for all the “onramp” submissions received by the deadline.  We note the reviews were to check if submissions were "complete and proper", meeting both our submission requirements and minimal acceptance criteria.  They were NOT a review on the technical merits.  We tried not to be too harsh, wanting to be more on the side of accepting submissions rather than excluding them for small issues.  In particular, we accepted some submissions for which we are aware of attacks that affect security claims.

NIST received 50 submissions in response and deemed 40 to be complete and proper according to the submission requirements. The complete and proper submission packages, including the algorithm specifications and code for implementation, are posted on the PQC: Digital Signature Schemes project page:   https://csrc.nist.gov/projects/pqc-dig-sig.

NIST greatly appreciates all of the candidate submission teams for their continued efforts in the standardization process. The evaluation period for these additional signatures is expected to last for several years. NIST anticipates holding the Fifth PQC standardization conference in April 2024.

Thank you, and let us know if you have any questions.

The NIST PQC team

P.S.  If you notice any mistakes on the submission page, we apologize.  We have attempted to get everything right, but there is a lot there.  Please let us know of any needed corrections by emailing pqc-sub...@nist.gov.  It may take a week or two to make changes, as we have people on summer vacations.