Re: Issues faced during Installing mosaic-nist package

Balijepalli, Arvind (Fed)

Oct 24, 2018, 8:22:35 PM10/24/18
to mosaic

INSTALL MOSAIC FROM SOURCE ON WINDOWS

Install Anaconda for Python 2.7

Open Anaconda Prompt/Terminal (Start->Anaconda2->Anaconda Prompt)

Create the basic environment with most of the packages mosaic needs to run

- Type"conda create -n mosaicENV python=2.7 pandas=0.20.3 nose=1.3.7 numpy=1.11.1 scipy=0.18.1 docutils=0.14 flask=0.12.2 matplotlib=1.5.3 pyqt=4"

- Hit return to proceed with installation

Activate the new environment

- Type "conda activate mosaicENV"

Install some aditional packages. First we need to add the conda-forge channel

- Type "conda config --add channels conda-forge"

- Type "conda install lmfit=0.9.3 uncertainties=2.4.8.1 PyWavelets=0.5.2 coverage=4.5.1 codecov=2.0.15"

- Hit return to proceed with installation

Clone the mosaic repository

- See https://github.com/usnistgov/mosaic for instructions on cloning the repository.

Test the mosaic installation

- In the mosaic directory type "python setup.py test"

- Some tests may fails since the UI does not seem to work when installing from source.

To run a script on Windows

- Open the python interepreter from the 'mosaic' directory.

- Type execfile('<path and name of script>'). As an example to run the analysis.py script in the bin directory, type 'execfile('bin\\analysis.py') from the top-lever mosaic folder.

From: marry zhang <2018na...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, October 19, 2018 at 10:26 AM
To: "Balijepalli, Arvind (Fed)" <arvind.ba...@nist.gov>
Subject: Re: Issues faced during Installing mosaic-nist package

Arvind,

Thank you very much for your reply! I am using Windows 10 now.

I have tried over several weeks and all does not work. Really appreciate your help very much!

sincerely

Marry

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 6:56 AM Balijepalli, Arvind (Fed) <arvind.ba...@nist.gov> wrote:

Hi Marry,

Thanks for reaching out. I’ll take a look at this today. Building from source on Windows needs a good installation guide, so this will help with that.

Can you let me know which version of Windows you are using?

While we figure this out, you can download a pre-built version of MOSAIC (https://pages.nist.gov/mosaic/download.html) for your analysis.

Thanks,

Arvind

From: marry zhang <2018na...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, October 18, 2018 at 8:21 PM
To: "Balijepalli, Arvind (Fed)" <arvind.ba...@nist.gov>

Hey Arvind,

Sorry for bothering you. This is Marry, a student from NJIT. Current I have tried many time and still have issues to install Mosaic from source. Could you provide me some suggestions?

Mosaic library(mosaic-nist) is not getting installed using anaconda prompt and not even on PyCharm. I tried upgrading every packages within mosaic which was issue earlier but after upgrading all packages also its giving some error. Please find attached document showing the error which I am getting. Also the scripts shown in the user guide document are giving error when I am running it using cloning the repository of mosaic-nist on Github. I am working on Python 2.7 as mosaic is not compatible on Python 3.

Thanks,

Marry