Mosaic Scripts Repository

Jade O'Neill

Apr 13, 2022, 8:20:18 PM4/13/22
to mosaic
I'm just starting to use MOSAIC for a company. I installed MOSAIC from source (
mosaic-nist-2.2+06ecb7a.tar.gz) on Ubuntu 21.10. There were a few issues with requirements.txt which I'll put on the tracker soon. I ran bin/analysis.py and I see it uses a QDF file in the data directory. That works. But I read Chapter 10 of the documentation and it says how to use the mosaicscripts package to plot a graph of the raw current time series data.

But I can't find mosaicscripts. I can't even find it on the web. What should I do?

Balijepalli, Arvind K. (Fed)

Apr 13, 2022, 8:28:57 PM4/13/22
to mosaic

It is under a separate repository called mosaic-examples (https://github.com/usnistgov/mosaic-examples). This should probably be pulled into the main mosaic repo. But in the short term, I’ll update the documentation.

Arvind

--
View the MOSAIC documentation at https://pages.nist.gov/mosaic.
---

Jade O'Neill

Apr 13, 2022, 8:34:12 PM4/13/22
to mos...@list.nist.gov

Jade O'Neill

Apr 13, 2022, 9:18:58 PM4/13/22
to mosaic, Jade O'Neill
I found that in mosaic-examples, the file data/SingleChan-0001.qdf contains the wrong data. It's some kind of text data instead of a binary file. When I copied the file from the example data from mosaic-reference.zip it worked.

I also had an issue with matplotlib. I installed the latest version but it may have broken compatibility. I changed text.fontsize to font.size and then I got the plot. I'm guessing that wasn't necessary on the version of matplotlib you were using.

Jade O'Neill

Apr 13, 2022, 9:36:51 PM4/13/22
to mosaic, Jade O'Neill
I ran the code to display a graph of events from an sqlite file. The other files in data/ have the same apparent mistake. I tried using the sqlite file in mosaic-reference.zip but it just gets a blank graph (the axes are drawn but no curve).

Balijepalli, Arvind K. (Fed)

Apr 14, 2022, 10:12:53 AM4/14/22
to mosaic

The data in the mosaic-examples appears to be corrupted. Thanks for catching this.

The sqlite from mosaic works but the scaling in the code is off. In the histogram code , if you comment out yticks it does plot it although there don’t appear to be very many events in the sqlite (see below).

Arvind