ASCON for 6502

Rhys Weatherley

Jun 19, 2023, 4:29:42 PM6/19/23
to lwc-forum
Just in time for the workshop, here is one more assembly code implementation of ASCON, for 6502 microprocessors:

Why?  Why Not!  I was playing with a 6502 emulator for another project so I decided to give ASCON a try.

It wasn't as bad as I feared, given how few registers are on the 6502 (A, X, and Y).  Zero page locations can act like registers so the code for the permutation is actually quite nice.

Size and performance figures are in the repository's README.

Cheers,

Rhys.

Robert Moskowitz

Jun 19, 2023, 4:35:13 PM6/19/23
to Rhys Weatherley, lwc-forum
Just WOW!

Now if there is curve25519 and x25519 for it, we can do a decent KDF (like I help do for ZWAVE 2.0)  and we are in business!