Status of ASCON standardization

Rhys Weatherley

Jun 4, 2024, 2:59:52 PMJun 4
to lwc-forum
Hi,

I am curious as to the status of ASCON standardization.  Given that the 6th workshop was about a year ago, I was hoping for a draft or two by now.

Cheers,

Rhys.

Robert Moskowitz

Jun 4, 2024, 3:17:25 PMJun 4
to lwc-forum
Second that!

Robert Moskowitz
Owner
HTT Consulting
C:      248-219-2059
F:      248-968-2824
E:      r...@labs.htt-consult.com

There's no limit to what can be accomplished if it doesn't matter who gets the credit

Sonmez Turan, Meltem (Fed)

Jun 10, 2024, 9:36:01 AMJun 10
to lwc-forum

Dear lwc-forum subscribers,

The NIST lightweight cryptography team is collaborating closely with the Ascon team to finalize various details, including the selection of IVs,  truncation, and customization options.

We will need a few more weeks to complete the draft.

Thank you very much for your patience,

Meltem Sonmez Turan

On behalf of the NIST lightweight cryptography team