Code regarding lightweight Crypto paper

Eros Lorenzo

Jul 3, 2023, 12:27:28 PM7/3/23
to lwc-forum, kak...@fiu.edu, Yacoub Hanna
Good morning, my name is Eros Lorenzo, I am from Florida International University and am currently pursuing a bachelor's degree. I am currently doing some research and testing to compare the speeds of Ascon, and AES on different devices for use against Post-Quantum computing. I found this paper which was published in one of your workshops (https://csrc.nist.gov/csrc/media/Events/2022/lightweight-cryptography-workshop-2022/documents/papers/analysis-of-practical-application-of-lwc-cryptographic-algorithm-ascon.pdf) which didn't have a source code available. I found an Ascon GitHub (https://github.com/ascon/ascon-c) and I was trying to test it on RPI 3 and RPI 4 but I could not get it to work as I would constantly get illegal instruction, or the issue of it not running. RPI 3, and RPI 4 were tested in the paper, so I would like to know if there was different code being used during the experiment in the paper. If there is a way to get in contact that would be very much appreciated.

- Thank you, Eros