Ascon-128 in the browser

Mohamed Tarek

Aug 30, 2023, 6:54:35 AM8/30/23
to lwc-forum
Hello everyone,
I have implemented Ascon-128 AEAD in Javascript, and made a simple webpage to make it easy to test and play with online from browser. Hence, I called it "playascon". Hope you'll enjoy it.

playascon: https://motarekk.github.io/
code on GitHub: https://github.com/motarekk/motarekk.github.io

Regards,
Mohamed Tarek

Majid Mahmoudzadeh Niknam

Sep 1, 2023, 6:10:09 AM9/1/23
to Mohamed Tarek, lwc-forum

Hello Mohamed
Thank you for your email. I think your work is very
Interesting and useful, but I noticed it doesn’t work correctly sometime. Please check the attached screenshot of the mistake that I encontered  with.

Regards,
Majid M.Niknam

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/list.nist.gov/d/forum/lwc-forum
---
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lwc-forum+...@list.nist.gov.

Mohamed Tarek

Sep 1, 2023, 2:45:08 PM9/1/23
to Majid Mahmoudzadeh Niknam, lwc-forum
Dear Majid,
Thanks for reaching out. I have fixed the bug. You can check the commit at: [https://github.com/motarekk/motarekk.github.io/commit/b94c893adff00bf85a234342abbe2f7dac5c5bcd]

I have also added a hall of fame as a thanks to all who reported bugs and contributed to improve the tool.

Regards,
Mohamed Tarek
hof.PNG

Majid Mahmoudzadeh Niknam

Sep 3, 2023, 5:21:30 AM9/3/23
to Mohamed Tarek, lwc-forum
Dear Mohamed
Thanks a lot for fixing the problem.

Regards,
Majid M.Niknam

Mohamed Tarek

Nov 10, 2023, 1:53:57 PM11/10/23
to lwc-forum, Majid Mahmoudzadeh Niknam, lwc-forum, Mohamed Tarek
Hi lwc forum,

I have updated many things in playascon, which is basically a Javascript implementation of Ascon made as online tool.

- Supported variants: Ascon-128, Ascon-128a, Ascon-XOF, Ascon-XOFa
- Input can be raw text (English or non-English) or hexadecimal value
- Added a KATs page to run Known Answer Tests that was generated from genkat.py file in pyascon
- An easy Capture The Flag (CTF) challenge, and will add more to make it more fun for students and help them get hands on how attacks like nonce misuse could take place
- I have explained more details in this blogpost:

I hope this tool will be helpful for students to test Ascon and play out with it.

Regards,
Mohamed Tarek