Bug Report for JAMA

lee

Jul 15, 2020, 3:48:30 PM7/15/20
to ja...@list.nist.gov
Hi,
    Sorry for the false explanation in the last email.
There may exist a failure about det() function in Matrix.Jama.
When a factor of k enlarges a row of the matrix, the corresponding determinant is also a relationship of k times, but I found a few examples that are not the case. In the attachment, I give 4 inputs, and each attachment is an input matrix, of which 1.txt and 2.txt are the transposed relationship, similarly, 3.txt and 4.txt are also the transposed relationship. Among them, the 12th line of the first two files is a 4- fold relationship, and the 22nd line of the second two files is a 7-fold relationship. The output of the program is placed at the end of the file, and its relationship is not completely as expected. However, the relationship between the output is not what we expected.

I think this is a failure that we don’t want to see, and hope to help you.

Sincerely,
Gang Li

1.txt
2.txt
3.txt
4.txt

lee

Jul 15, 2020, 3:48:30 PM7/15/20
to ja...@list.nist.gov
Hi,
I want to report a failure about det() function in Matrix.Jama.
In fact, we all know that the determinant of a matrix must be the same as the determinant of the transposed matrix, but I found a few examples that are not the case. In the attachment, I give 4 inputs, each attachment is an input matrix, of which 1.txt and 2.txt are the transposed relationship, similarly, 3.txt and 4.txt are also the transposed relationship, however, the relationship of the output is not we expected.
0.txt
1.txt
2.txt
3.txt