Announcing the NIST Privacy Workforce Public Working Group

Brewer, Jeffrey (Fed)

Apr 16, 2021, 11:32:37 AM4/16/21
to privacyframework

Dear Colleagues,

We’re excited to announce the launch of the NIST Privacy Workforce Public Working Group (PWWG)! The goal of the PWWG is to develop a set of Task, Knowledge, and Skill Statements aligned with the Privacy Framework and the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to assist organizations in developing and recruiting a workforce better capable of managing privacy risks. This initiative will build upon the work we kicked off last year with the privacy workforce workshop hosted by the International Association of Privacy Professionals.

Get Involved

We’re looking for experts like you to “join the team” by participating in the PWWG. Check out our PWWG web page for more information on how to get involved.

We anticipate holding our first virtual PWWG meeting on May 12, 2021. Please contact us at PrivacyF...@nist.gov, if you have any questions. We look forward to collaborating with you!

Best,

NIST Privacy Framework Team

Jeff Brewer

Management and Program Analyst

Information Technology Lab, Computer Security Division,

301-975-2489

Jeffrey...@nist.gov