CONTAM Results Export Tool and Exporting Occupant Exposures

Isaiah Spencer

Feb 2, 2024, 8:59:33 AMFeb 2
to CONTAM
Hello there,

I am using CONTAM to simulate some occupancy exposure in a residential building and was trying to report my occupancy exposure results and compare them to the graphs that CONTAM can generate. From this comparison I'm noticing they are  not the same, so I was wondering if the following could be clarified:

- Is the .ebw file not the occupant exposures over the simulated time period? If so, should'nt the results in that file be the same as what CONTAM outputs in the once you plot exposure data?

-If the .ebw file is not the per time step exposure, then should I be using the CONTAM Results Export Tool to get that data? In essence, I want the values that CONTAM is plotting in order to use for further data analysis.

-I've tried to export my results using the CONTAM Results Export Tool, but every time I get to the step where it should generate the .zip file with all the data, no link to access the data appears. I've tried to run it both in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers. Any hints on what might be going wrong?

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks much, take care.

Isaiah Spencer

Dols, William Stuart (Fed)

Feb 2, 2024, 11:43:57 AMFeb 2
to Isaiah Spencer, CONTAM

The only difference between the plot in ContamW and the EBW file may be in units.
The plot in ContamW will be presented using the units defined for the Default Concentration of the associated species.

The EBW file will be in units of kg_cont/kg_air.
You can obtain the unit conversion via the Species Properties dialog box by setting the Default concentration to 1 kg/kg and selecting the units for which you’d like the conversion factor.

The Result Export Tool is a bit finicky.
I typically use the simread utility or generate LOG files using controls.

- Stuart