Air Exchange Rate

Lisa Bramwell

May 10, 2024, 12:52:32 PMMay 10
to CONTAM
Dear Stewart,

I have determined the air exchange rate for two buildings I've modelled using CONTAM.  How do I check within CONTAM that the air exchange rates are comparable if not the same for the two scenarios?  In the first, I've used a simple AHS and in the second natural ventilation using air flow pathways only.

Sincerely,

LB

Dols, William Stuart (Fed)

May 10, 2024, 1:11:00 PMMay 10
to Lisa Bramwell, CONTAM

You can view the <project file name>.ach files to see the air change rates.

Please note that one can access the help/User Guide via the Help menu.

The documentation can be searched for “air change rate” to fine related information.

- Stuart

David Lorenzetti

May 10, 2024, 1:11:49 PMMay 10
to Lisa Bramwell, CONTAM
In the Airflow Simulation Results panel, you can request a "Building Air Change Rate" report.  This produces an "ACH" output file.

-Dave