Mathematical Equations behind CONTAM Simulation Tool

Xinxiu Tian

May 16, 2024, 9:57:25 PMMay 16
to CONTAM
Hi Stuart,

I am working with a CONTAM steady state building model. I would like to know how CONTAM calculates the steady state zone-specific total airflow rates, which is the number inside of the red box in the picture I attached. Also, how CONTAM calculates the steady state zone-specific contaminant concentrations. May you please provide the documentation of these mathematical equations?

Thanks,
Xinxiu
Zone Sum of Airflow Rates.jpg

David Lorenzetti

May 16, 2024, 10:15:22 PMMay 16
to Xinxiu Tian, CONTAM
The CONTAM User Guide contains an extensive "theory" section (chapter 8).  There are also references to journal publications that support the work.

-Dave