Sample file in instruction guides CONTAM

quang nguyen

May 22, 2024, 12:21:28 AMMay 22
to CONTAM
Hi Mr Stuart,

I have problem, when i do the example with alarm as picture:
x1.JPG
could you share the file in instruction for Study.
x2.JPG

Many Thank you, Stuart.
Kindly regards,

Dols, William Stuart (Fed)

May 22, 2024, 9:12:11 AMMay 22
to quang nguyen, CONTAM

As indicated by the message, every zone/junction must be connected to ambient by a variable flow link (path/duct segment).

Paths/duct segments that utilize fan or forced flow elements are not variable flow links, i.e., their flows are specified and not allowed to vary according to the numerical solution techniques.

See Theoretical Background – Airflow Analysis – Fans section of the documentation for more information.

The bottom line is that you likely have too many fans in the system or they are located in such a way as to prevent the formation of a valid/unique solution to the set of pressure/airflow equations.
In your diagram, you should have two fans – one in the supply and one in the return branch just left of the tees.

Similar to this duct layout which has controls applied to the fans.

- Stuart

quang nguyen

May 23, 2024, 12:02:50 AMMay 23
to CONTAM, Dols, William Stuart (Fed), quang nguyen
Hi Mr. Stuart,

Thanks for your quick support. Could you share your file with control link to study.

By the way, I have to build duct systemfitting, but Contam have not family as fitting, only have fill with coefficiency. We can make as picture, its right?

Thanks Stuart.

Vào lúc 20:12:11 UTC+7 ngày Thứ Tư, 22 tháng 5, 2024, Dols, William Stuart (Fed) đã viết:
y1.JPG
y2.JPG

Dols, William Stuart (Fed)

May 23, 2024, 7:52:46 AMMay 23
to quang nguyen, CONTAM

There is nothing special about the controls, they were placed there to show where the fans are.

Refer to the airflow theory section and experiment with values to determine their applicability.

Also, there is a balance coefficient that will be populated if you use the Duct Balance airflow Simulation Method.

These coefficients may not reflect “as built” values, but will be set to provide design flows, from there you can schedule fan flows and allow the system to perform accordingly.

quang nguyen

May 23, 2024, 9:46:03 PMMay 23
to Dols, William Stuart (Fed), CONTAM
Hi Stuart.