memory shortage of CONTAM3.4

김진수

Dec 13, 2021, 9:43:37 PM12/13/21
to CONTAM

I updated CONTAM with latest version.

Attached file Image01 is the screen capture of working with CONTAM3.4 and Windows Task Manager.

It shows the memory used is 83%.

My computer will be down after a while due to the memory shortage.

The working file is TEST.prj attached to this email.

This file is a temporary file created to demonstrate how memory is used when working with contam3.4.

I started working with memory usage of 35% and

repeated numerous draws and deletes in 2~3 minutes.

Then memory usage reached 83% in 5 minutes.

Memory usage goes up even when doing a delete operation.

And even when many icons are deleted and only a small number of icons remain, the memory usage is not recovered.

This only happens when drawing and deleting, not when copying and pasting.

Once save the file, close the program, and then open the file again, the memory shortage is reset.

This only happens with CONTAM3.4.

So I am using only CONTAM3.2.

What is the matter of the working or program?

Best regards

Jinsoo

김진수

Dec 13, 2021, 9:47:53 PM12/13/21
to CONTAM, 김진수
I am very sorry.
Now I attach the files.

2021년 12월 14일 화요일 오전 11시 43분 37초 UTC+9에 김진수님이 작성:
TEST.prj
image01.png

Dols, William Stuart (Fed)

Dec 14, 2021, 10:11:24 AM12/14/21
to 김진수, CONTAM

Jinsoo,

I am just not able to recreate your issue.
I can’t tell from your image what the memory usage is of CONTAM in the task manager.
I do see the memory increase somewhat upon saving the PRJ file, but it does not nearly increase to the point of using all memory.
Does this problem occur on any other PCs?

If any other users are experiencing this problem, please reply to this message.

- Stuart