Moving of contaminants using simple ahs

김진호

May 14, 2024, 9:58:49 PMMay 14
to CONTAM
In order to check the movement of NH3 using contam, the contaminants concentration of the entire room was checked after setting the air supply exhaust using simple ahs.
Simple ahs don't move pollutants?

David Lorenzetti

May 15, 2024, 12:48:43 AMMay 15
to 김진호, CONTAM
Simple Air Handler Systems do move contaminants.

It is hard to understand, from your question, why you are asking.  Did you add a simple air handler to a zone, and then observe no change in contaminant concentration within the zone?  Possibly you didn't define a source, so that the contaminant has the same concentration everywhere.  It is impossible to tell, based on your very brief description.

-Dave

On Tue, May 14, 2024 at 6:58 PM 김진호 <rlawls...@gmail.com> wrote:
In order to check the movement of NH3 using contam, the contaminants concentration of the entire room was checked after setting the air supply exhaust using simple ahs.
Simple ahs don't move pollutants?

William Dols

May 15, 2024, 9:41:13 AMMay 15
to CONTAM, David Lorenzetti, CONTAM, rlawls...@gmail.com
Please review the Introduction to CONTAM video tutorials available on the NIST Multizone Modeling website.
- Stuart

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

김진호

May 15, 2024, 11:00:35 PMMay 15
to CONTAM, David Lorenzetti, CONTAM, 김진호
First of all, I'm sorry for the lack of knowledge because I'm a college student.
While self-taught CONTAM, I saw the basic flow of SIMPLE AHS through the guidebook, so I thought RA and OA would be mixed and introduced into the room.
In that case, I thought that pollutants would spread through the exhaust from the pollutant source through the supply of each room, but the results did not come out that way, so I asked you a question.
Is pollutant not re-spreading in SIMPLE AHS provided by CONTAM?
It's a lacking modeling file, but I'd appreciate it if you could check it and answer it.
I studied after watching the video provided by NIST, but I wonder if there is a place that provides more detailed data.
I want to learn deeply about CONTAM, but I'm struggling with too limited material.
I'd like to ask you a favor.

2024년 5월 15일 수요일 오후 1시 48분 43초 UTC+9에 David Lorenzetti님이 작성:
SIMPLE AHS.prj

Dols, William Stuart (Fed)

May 16, 2024, 8:41:33 AMMay 16
to 김진호, CONTAM

There are 6 videos in all.
Part 5 covers your issue in great detail (despite your statement that material is too limited).
Hint – you need an Outdoor Air Schedule to implement recirculation via the simple AHS.

Further, the accompanying zip file provides the exact models used in the videos.

Also, as mentioned in Part 4 there is a spreadsheet that illustrates the algorithm implemented by the Simple AHS.

CONTAM is a powerful and complex engineering tool that requires a fairly significant amount of time and attention to learn and even more to master.
Please take the time to carefully review the videos and accompanying material.

- Stuart

김진호

May 16, 2024, 9:25:34 AMMay 16
to CONTAM, Dols, William Stuart (Fed), 김진호
Thank you for your help.
I solved the problem thanks to you.
2024년 5월 16일 목요일 오후 9시 41분 33초 UTC+9에 Dols, William Stuart (Fed)님이 작성: