Indoor transient model in CONTAM

Yasir Mohieldeen

Mar 21, 2024, 3:58:44 AMMar 21
to CONTAM

Dear All;

I am developing a house model using CONTAM multizone model.  The initial indoor temperature is 30 degree C.  Then the AC is turned on to a set point 22 degree C. The outdoor ambient temp remains fixed at 40 degree C (ambient pollutants such NO2 are constant).  Can we develop a transient indoor model using CONTAM to look at the impact of outdoor on indoor during the cooling process till indoor reaches the set temperature.

Thanks, in advance

William Dols

Mar 28, 2024, 2:24:46 PMMar 28
to CONTAM, yasir...@gmail.com
The short answer is yes, but ...
CONTAM does not perform heat transfer calculations.
CONTAM does allow for scheduling of zone temperatures.
This basically enables one to account for buoyancy-induced pressure differences and resultant airflows.
You can use co-simulation between CONTAM and EnergyPlus or TRNSYS to better account for the heat transfer processes.
- Stuart