Error finding in duct system

D. J. LEE

Aug 19, 2022, 3:05:49 AM8/19/22
to CONTAM

Hi everyone,

I'm a Korean beginner who recently started learning CONTAM and fell in love with it..

I had a hard time finding an error in the duct system recently, so I ask how to fix it.

If the duct is not defined for any length, <Run Building> function does not show any error messages, but the simulation is not performed. Naturally, no files containing simulation results (SIM, VAL, XLOG file) are created either.

The CONTAMw3.TXT file also doesn't show any error messages as follows

(In my case, this file is in < C:\Users\djlee\AppData\Roaming\NIST\ContamW 3.4>

When I run the project with CONTAMX, I found a message that there is an error in the duct system as follows.

          FATAL  (file prj-data, line 1370)

          Error in duct network analysis; call NIST

          ContamX finish(2)

(Please refer to the files attached to the e-mail.)

If I could reference the file, it would be easier to find and fix errors, but where the hell is this file?

Anyone who knows where to find this file, please help.

Best regards,

D. J. Lee

Floor Plan.png
Error Finding in Duct System.prj
XLOG file.png

William Dols

Aug 19, 2022, 10:34:05 AM8/19/22
to CONTAM, avions...@gmail.com

D.J.
It would appear you've corrected the problem in the attached PRJ, and it runs fine.

You are correct that if the PRJ is defined as shown in the PNG, then the obvious issue with undefined ducts is not captured by the Building Check in ContamW.
I will add this as an issue to be addressed.

As you see, when you run the undefined PRJ directly with ContamX, it does reveal there is an error in the duct network but not in an "elegant" manner.
As for the error message, the prj-data file is a note for us, the developers of CONTAM.
The message directs us to where the issue lies within the ContamX code.

Thank you for reporting the issue.
- Stuart

D. J. LEE

Aug 19, 2022, 12:01:27 PM8/19/22
to CONTAM, willia...@nist.gov, D. J. LEE
Dears,

Thanks for the quick and thoughtful reply.

The more I learned CONTAM, the more useful features I found.

As shown in the attached picture, it could be a little easier to find 'Undefined element(s)' by changing the color set of CONTAM.

In my case I set the Foreground color to gray 25% and Undefined to red.

Regards,

D. J. Lee

2022년 8월 19일 금요일 오후 11시 34분 5초 UTC+9에 willia...@nist.gov님이 작성:
Color Setting.png