Supply schedule error

Jason K

Jun 25, 2024, 7:10:41 AMJun 25
to 'Dols, William Stuart (Fed)' via CONTAM
Hello William Stuart,
      Can I ask you why my supply point schedule makes the supply flow rate to zero? I just wanted to open the supply terminal according to the Occupancy schedule and it didn't work. Thanks in advance for your answer sir.
demo-1day(PM2.5+CO2).ctm
demo-1day.wth
OnezonewithAHS.prj

Dols, William Stuart (Fed)

Jun 25, 2024, 10:52:01 AMJun 25
to Jason K, 'Dols, William Stuart (Fed)' via CONTAM

I assume you’re concern is that the exposure drops to zero at times as shown in this plot:

This is due to the indoor CO2 dropping to zero as shown in this plot:

This is in turn due to the warning you are getting that the zone is isolated.
This should almost never be the case in a real building and causes issues in the CONTAM solver, essentially rendering the outdoor boundary condition to zero.

You should always allow for leakage into the building.
Remove the schedule on one of your openings and you will see more reasonable results.

- Stuart