Contam indoor concentration of chemical compounds

Giannis Papadopoulos

Feb 23, 2024, 7:12:27 AMFeb 23
to CONTAM
Hello i would like to ask you if we can put  files, like the outdoor concentrations  (CTM)  but for indoor chemical compounds, as we have measure PM and VOCs in one area of a building that we need to simulate and it will be useful if we can add to the file.

Thank you!

Dols, William Stuart (Fed)

Feb 23, 2024, 9:02:44 AMFeb 23
to Giannis Papadopoulos, CONTAM

That is not possible with CONTAM.
One would typically try to determine source characteristics from said measurements and use that in CONTAM.
The following references provide examples of how this might be done.
There are many other such examples in the literature.

NG, L., POPPENDIECK, D., DOLS, W. & EMMERICH, S. 2018. Evaluating IAQ and Energy Impacts of Ventilation in a Net-Zero Energy House Using a Coupled Model. Sci Technol Built Environ, 24.

POPPENDIECK, D., KHURSHID, S., DOLS, W. S., NG, L. C., POLIDORO, B. J. & EMMERICH, S. J. 2016. Formaldehyde Concentrations in a Net-Zero Energy House: Real-time Monitoring and Simulation. Indoor Air 2016. Ghent, Belgium.

RIM, D., PERSILY, A. K., EMMERICH, S. J., DOLS, W. S. & WALLACE, L. 2013. Multi-zone modeling of size-resolved outdoor ultrafine particle entry into a test house. Atmospheric Environment, 69, 219-230.

RIM, D., WALLACE, L. & PERSILY, A. K. 2010. Infiltration of Outdoor Ultrafine Particles into a Test House. Environmental Science & Technology, 44, 5908-5913.

HOWARD-REED, C., WALLACE, L. A. & EMMERICH, S. J. 2003. Effect of ventilation systems and air filters on decay rates of particles produced by indoor sources in an occupied townhouse. 37, 5295-5306.

- Stuart