Changes to MSP Dataset

Gregory Fiumara

Sep 29, 2022, 4:04:07 PM9/29/22
to Evaluation of Latent Friction Ridge Technology (ELFT)
Hello ELFT stakeholders,

We discovered some images in the Michigan State Police dataset whose resolution appeared to be incorrectly recorded by the agency. Because we do not have a reliable way to determine the actual resolution, we have opted to remove the images from the test. We'll continue to look for and ensure the robustness of our tested datasets in the future.

We have additionally removed the combined finger/palm analysis from the Michigan State Police dataset section of report cards. The ELFT test harness currently tells implementations if a probe is from a finger or a palm. Because this information is present, implementations may employ different algorithms for searching palms and fingers internally, making it misleading to combine the results, especially if their score ranges differ.

The latest results can be seen on the ELFT results webpage.

Best,
-Greg